Sarah has been keeping a journal since she was eight years old, so imagine her delight when she discovered blogging in 2001. Once she figured out it wasn't necessarily acceptable to begin every blog post with "Dear Diary" and then ask, "Do you think I'm prettier than all the girls in my class," she started and still runs an internationally read blog on life, love and relationships.
Throughout her career, she's been proud to be involved in content creation projects with both local and national companies and personal brands. She can also be seen delivering presentations in a style she likes to call, "one footlight away from a full-on musical." Her topics include building better online communities through blogging, the power of story and personal branding, the use of improvisation in small business, and a one-time only performance of her self-written, one woman show, "Law and Order: UCU*."
*Unicorn Crimes Unit
When not at work, Sarah’s life revolves around:
- Her neurotic pets (two dogs, rescues)
- Trying not to get bored at the gym
- Great conversation with cool people
- Television programming better suited for 13 year old girls
Little Known Facts:
- She earned a high school diploma in piano performance two months before earning an actual high school diploma
- She was once on a reality television show that featured Morgan Fairchild and Joe Piscopo (it never aired)
- Every Halloween she performs with a cover band which dresses as the band they are covering
- She sometimes annotates her real life conversations with hashtags #nerd
Skills & Expertise:
- Content Marketing
- Creative Ideation and Implementation
- Video Scripting
- Social Media Marketing
Where she gained experience and knowledge:
Sarah holds a BS in Communication-Writing from Baptist Bible College and an MS in Marketing and Communication from Franklin University. She's also a longtime blogger and active in various online communities.