Born and raised in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, Leanne is the only Canadian on the TKG team. (Don’t worry – she’s legal.) Leanne has been living in Akron since 2003 and has officially been in the web marketing industry since 2005. However, her Dad would say she’s been in this industry since the early days of local freenets. One of Leanne’s most vivid memories of her teenage years involves an argument over computer time and her Dad saying, “What do you think you’re going to do? Grow up and ‘play’ on the internet all day?!” Ummm, yep.
In her spare time, Leanne likes to take family Tae Kwan Do classes, attend kickboxing, read trashy novels on her Nook, watch embarrassing television and hang out in the backyard with her husband, Mickey, and son, Sam. She also has two dogs (Maggie and Harley) and two cats (Tessa and Tigger).
When not at work, Leanne’s life revolves around:
- Juggling schedules so that everyone can attend the activities they love
- Trying new, healthy recipes
- Driveway basketball
- Staying in touch with her family back home
Little Known Facts:
- Has read The Family Nobody Wanted more than 20 times
- Wants to own a bed and breakfast someday
- Had many hamsters as a child. They are all currently buried in her parents’ front flower bed. Don’t look in the sour cream containers. :)
Skills & Expertise:
- Online Marketing Strategy
- Keyword Research
- Search Engine Optimization
- Conversion Optimization
- Content Marketing
- Google Analytics & Google AdWords Certified
Where she gained experience and knowledge:
Leanne worked for Polysort/Pilot Fish for 7 years prior to coming to TKG, where she gained her SEO and content marketing experience. She worked with a variety of clients including plastic & rubber companies, medical manufacturing companies, law firms, and auto industry suppliers.