A lifelong lover of all things technology, Jeff spent his formative years in the early 1980s glued to his Commodore Vic20 computer—which of course he later upgraded to the Commodore 64—writing simple programs and browsing the internet when it was primarily made up of local bulletin boards. The internet was much different back then, and Jeff has seen many changes in computer programming over the years.
Jeff spent many lunch recess hours while attending St. Pete’s in downtown Canton at the Stark County District Library, ensuring he could use their lone computer. He merged his passion for technology with his natural marketing skills to specialize in e-commerce marketing.
When not at work, Jeff’s life revolves around:
- Spending time with his wife Patty and son Cameron
- Trips to the beach or golf course
- Outdoor sports and camping
- Home improvement projects
Little known facts:
- He was a break dancer in eighth grade, a skater in ninth grade and unfortunately for all of us, he destroyed photographic evidence of both in 10th grade
- He plays guitar in a two-man acoustic group
- His shortest job stint during college was several weeks as a telemarketer where he hated calling people more than they hated being called
Skills and expertise:
- Search Engine Optimization
- Conversion Rate Optimization
- Email Marketing
- Technical Integration
- Online Merchandising
Where he got his skills and expertise:
After graduating from The University of Akron, Jeff worked as an ecommerce manager in the wholesale giftware industry, building and hosting their ecommerce site.
He spent five years as a consultant for technology group before working at Little Tikes in the Ecommerce Department, where he was actively involved in the brand’s ecommerce strategy, tactics and implementation. Jeff brings his experience with both front end and back end implementation and integration to The Karcher Group, along with his full-circle view of ecommerce lifecycles.