Stoney deGeyterVP of Search & Advertising
Graduating high school at the age of 16, Stoney has always had an entrepreneur spirit. In 1998, he founded Pole Position Marketing, one of the longest-running digital marketing agencies in the country, before it was acquired by The Karcher Group in 2019. Stoney authored The Best Damn Web Marketing Checklist, Period!, which is an essential reference guide for digital marketers and managers of all skill levels. He’s also been published on Search Engine Land, Marketing Land, Search Engine Journal, as well as Pole Position Marketing’s E-Marketing Performance blog. Stoney has also written a number of ebooks that can be found on the Pole Position Marketing website. Over the past 20-plus years, Stoney has been a leader in the digital marketing space, helping hundreds of businesses grow their online authority through strategic and effective digital marketing strategies.
Where he gained his knowledge
Like many who have been in digital marketing as long as he has, Stoney is entirely self-taught. He picked up a book, Learn HTML in 24 Hours, and twelve hours later, he was building his first website. From there, learning how to optimize and market it just came naturally. Stoney learned both by trial and error and by seeking out others in the industry who were sharing their experiences and results.
Skills and Expertise
- 20+ years as a leader in the industry
- Direct customer relations and team building
- I put a premium on online user experience
When not at work, Stoney's life revolves around
- Reading books
- Watching movies
- Listening to music
- Eating food
Little known facts
- He recently finished writing a novel. It's a time-travel thriller called A Crossed Time, and he is currently hard at work on Part 2
- The "d" in "deGeyter" is supposed to be uppercase. Stoney changed it in college just for fun and kept it, much to his family's chagrin
- He likes popcorn. Like, a lot!