Rick BrownVice President of Digital Marketing
Rick is a 30+ year veteran of industrial and business-to-business marketing. He founded NetTrack Marketing after recognizing how severely underserved most industrial distributors and manufacturers were in accessing the type of marketing advice available to consumer-facing brands. After the NetTrack acquisition in January 2020, Rick is eager to work with the TKG team in applying his years of knowledge and expertise to new and existing clients.
Born and raised in University Heights, Ohio (and still living there), you could call Rick somewhat of a small-town boy. Having done stints living in Detroit, MI and Miami, Fl post-college, Rick couldn’t stray away from his roots for long and has since found that the time away from his hometown has helped him appreciate the Cleveland vibe that much more.
Outside of being his birthplace, Cleveland holds a special place in Rick’s life as it is there that he met and married his wife, Ketti Finneran, whom he met walking about the block. Their meeting is a great story – have him tell you some time. Ketti and Rick are proud parents of two adult children, Madison, a Community Health Care Worker in Cleveland and Gabriel, an actor based in New York City.
Where he gained his knowledge
Rick’s work life experience includes Marketing Manager for the Misco Refractometer Company and 12 years as an advertising sales representative for Thomas Register of American Manufacturers. The first website build Rick ever participated in was developed by - wait for it - Geoff Karcher while working for Thomas Register in the mid-1990s!
He recalls waiting expectantly to read (and, unfortunately print out) Danny Sullivan's “Search Engine Watch” articles in the late 1990s, which he used to teach himself basics of developing and marketing websites. Rick later attended and spoke at Danny's Search Engine Strategies conferences.
Skills and Expertise
- Developing Marketing Strategies
- Digital Marketing Tactics
- Search Engine Optimization
- Pay-Per-Click Text Ad Development
- Fact-based Story Writing
When not at work, Rick's life revolves around
- Live theater in Cleveland and NYC
- Traveling within and outside the United States
- Reading mysteries
- Cooking soups from scratch
Little known facts
- Has written and is trying to produce a live musical, 8-1-81: The Story of How We Got Our MTV, based on the startup of the network MTV in August 1981
- As a 4th grader, accidentaly helped light his best frind Paul's house on fire. Was subsequently STILL allowed to be Best Man at Paul's wedding
- Over a weekend, once re-created the Queens, NY episode of Anthony Bourdain's "Parts Unknown" riding the train from Jackson Heights to Flushing and eating at all the spots mentioned in the episode
- Has an unusual and perhaps unsettling knowledge of all aspects of the Elizabeth Short (Black Dalla) murder/dismemberment that took place in Los Angeles in 1947