Kevin ZeiseMarketing Specialist
A bit of a jack-of-all-trades, Kevin joined The Karcher Group in 2018 and brings a wide variety of skills and experiences to his role of marketing specialist. Kevin has long held an interest in the science of marketing, seeking an understanding of the psychology of what makes a campaign effective by exploring the underlying data behind that campaign’s results. He’s just as comfortable designing a marketing piece as he is poring over an Excel spreadsheet and Google Analytics.
His background includes work in website development, marketing strategy, email marketing, media relations and event planning. A native of Northeast Ohio, Kevin’s career took him on a winding odyssey with stops in Wisconsin, New Hampshire, New York, and Indiana before returning to the Buckeye State.
Where he gained his knowledge
After earning a degree in Public Relations from Kent State University, Kevin enjoyed college so much he spent the next 16 years working on a variety of college campuses. His work included 10 years in athletics media relations, where he worked to promote several national champions and a number of future professional athletes and Olympic medalists. He also spent four years in university fundraising, developing a highly successful comprehensive traditional and digital solicitation program.
Skills and Expertise
- Public Relations
- Event Planning and Management
- Content Marketing
- Marketing Strategy
When not at work, Kevin's life revolves around
- His wife (Katie), daughter (Emily), pup (Brutus) and extended family
- Watching sports, especially hockey and soccer, and playing soccer and golf (though neither very well)
- A never-ending list of home improvement projects
- Attempting to travel as much as humanly possible
Little known facts
- Has an extensive wine collection, enjoys a quality bourbon, and has made several varieties of beer
- Enjoys peanut butter cups and peanut butter cookies, but cannot stand peanut butter
- Knows his way around woodworking tools, having made multiple pieces of furniture for his house