Is My Site Mobile-Friendly?
On April 21, 2015, Google implemented a major algorithm update that impacts organic mobile rankings globally. With this update, web pages that are mobile-friendly are rewarded, while those that provide a poor user experience are likely falling in Google’s organic search results.
With such high stakes, you might want to ask yourself, “Is my site mobile-friendly?” If the answer is no, it’s probably time to pull the plug on your old website. (Did we mention we’re pretty great at creating websites that work on all devices?) Read below for a list of ways to gauge your website’s mobile-friendliness.
Features that make a site mobile-friendly
- Links that can be easily clicked
- Properly sized content that fits mobile screens
- Readable text
- Responsive design
- Software that is common on mobile devices
How do I check to see if my site is mobile-friendly?
Google offers the following tools to check a site’s mobile-friendliness:
- Advanced Page Insights Test – A test that checks to see if your website loads quickly and provides a positive user experience on all devices.
- Basic Mobile Friendly Test – A test that analyzes a URL to determine if the site has a mobile-friendly design.
- Mobile Search Result Tagging – Google tags that mark web pages as mobile-friendly directly in their mobile search results.
Worried your site isn’t mobile friendly? Contact TKG to pull the plug on your existing site and upgrade with a mobile-friendly design.