content marketing strategist
Collyn's been with the Group since April 2005. As a content strategist, it's her job to dream up ways to create and implement powerful online content for TKG and its clients. She also writes copy, press releases, and other communications, helps write/manage content on the TKG website, and manages and speaks at TKG's Seminars. She has several years experience in a marketing communications capacity and worked in both the health care and fundraising fields before joining the group.
According to her friends, Collyn is known for: loving to fix-up & beautify her old home, always bringing an unusual dish to a gathering (she experiments on friends with new recipes), and her shoe addiction. She also loves trying out craft beers, her current fave being the Lagunitas IPA. She's married to Shawn, a philosopher, drummer and music-addict so there's always lots of conversation and music in the Floyd household.
When not at work, Collyn's life revolves around:
- Her husband (Shawn) and sons (Will, Sam and Wes)
- Day trips to Cleveland for a good meal & some shopping
- Cooking, baking, decorating & in general trying to become a Domestic Goddess ala Nigella Lawson
Little Known Facts:
- She grew up in St. Louis, Missouri
- She was a competitive figure skater growing up and even had the Dorothy Hamill hairdo!
- Has an encyclopedic knowledge of Steely Dan and knows the lyrics to their entire collection of their songs, thanks to her superfan Dad
- Has a mild obsession/crush on Anthony Bourdain
- Growing up, she wanted to be an interior designer...and still does sometimes
Skills & Expertise:
- Content marketing
- E-mail marketing
- Content auditing
- Accessorizing with the perfect scarf or dangly earrings
Where she gained experience:
St. Louis Univesity, St. Louis, Missouri
Collyn majored in Political Science and minored in Journalism. She always thought she'd work on the Hill in DC, but went the Marketing & PR route instead.
Favorite Places on the Web: